As part of Vertebrate Antibodies Ltd (VAL)’s ongoing expansion, the company has vacancies for new jobs in Aberdeen such as this one for a Research Assistant. VAL is a rapidly developing biotech company with a wealth of experience in developing high performance antibodies and their modified reagents to support the life science communities.
To assist in the research carried out within the company, VAL is actively seeking an enthusiastic, diligent, organised and practically minded individual for a Research Assistant position.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience in cell culture and molecular biology to enable them to contribute to the ongoing characterisation and functional analysis of the monoclonal antibodies which are continuously produced by the company. Main duties include:
- Developing of new technologies for functional characterisation of antibodies.
- Collating and validating data
- Preparation of data for publication and meeting presentations.
- Reporting results to other members of the company
- Contribution to the supervision and training of students and visiting scientist
The essential requirements for this role:
- A good honours degree and a PhD in a relevant life science subject.
- Evidence of publication quality research.
- At least 5 years’ laboratory experience in tissue culture, immunology, or molecular biology techniques,
- A flexible approach to work, with excellent problem solving, communication and organisational skills
- A team-player with the ability to organise their own work and collaborate with other members of the company.
- Consistency of experimental approach and ability to maintain reliable laboratory records.
- Capacity to cope with a varied workload, including fluctuating priorities and seasonal pressures
- Ability to make impartial and independent decisions, and to handle confidential information appropriately
Experience in the following techniques are highly desirable:
- Functional analysis of antibody characteristics using a range of techniques, for example: immunoblot, immunohistochemistry, flow cytometry as well as antibody purification.
- ELISA and sandwich ELISA assays
The salary will be in the range of £26,000-£28,000 per annum (depending on qualifications, skills and experience).